Standard Desiccator Cabinets
Clean Air Products designs and manufactures a full line of standard desiccator cabinets. Our standard desiccator storage cabinets are designed to create sealed compartments with controlled environments and atmospheres (dry/inert or nitrogen) for long-term storage of parts or materials that would degrade if left in the ambient atmosphere. Each compartment is sealed to create a separate, pressurized storage space.
Standard Desiccator Cabinet Features
- Formed and stitch-welded stainless steel construction
- Minimal interior panel seams for easy cleaning
- Individual compartments are fully sealed for pressurized storage
- Stainless steel door frames, hinges, and latches
- Clear acrylic windows
- Closed-cell PVC foam door gaskets
- Adjustable leg levelers
- Units are designed to be set side-by-side to form a “wall” of storage cabinets
Request a quote or contact Clean Air Products for more information on our standard desiccator storage cabinets.
Clean Air Products’ Standard Desiccator Storage Cabinets
Durable Stainless Steel Construction
Constructed with heavy gauge stainless steel shells with a stainless steel divider between each compartment, our standard desiccator cabinets are far more durable and long-lasting than acrylic cabinets. This robust construction also makes our desiccator cabinets suitable for heavy storage loads.
Each compartment is completely sealed, with clear epoxy, to form a pressurized storage space. Compartments feature hinged, clear acrylic doors with stainless steel frames and cam-action, over-center latches. Continuous hinges and PVC closed-cell gaskets help maintain pressurization. Optional fixed or adjustable shelves can be installed in each compartment.
Back panels are also constructed of stainless steel, and are welded and sealed to the back of the cabinet. Back panels can be modified to allow attachment of other equipment or a second set of doors, if needed. Clear acrylic back panels are also available upon request.
All welds are ground and finished, and then sealed with clear epoxy sealant to create tightly sealed compartments for reliable pressurization.
Conductive Materials Reduce Contamination & Neutralize Static Charges
The stainless steel shells of our standard desiccator storage cabinets are conductive and will not hold a charge. This reduces or eliminates the buildup of dirt and other contaminants that is common with acrylic cabinets. The stainless steel exterior also shields the interior from static charges, creating a Faraday cage-like effect in which the conducting material neutralizes static charges inside the cabinet.
When grounded, our stainless steel desiccator cabinets can automatically neutralize a static charge on an operator as soon as they touch the door handle. With a conductive stainless steel exterior and shelves, stored parts and materials are in constant contact with an electrically-neutral surface. This protects sensitive parts against static charge and reduces contamination caused by static attraction.
Standard Desiccator Cabinet Options
- Stainless steel flow meter; standard is brass
- Individual compartment flow meters in brass or stainless steel
- Main nitrogen shutoff valve in brass or stainless steel
- Regulator in brass, stainless steel, or high purity stainless steel
- Door viewing window: clear acrylic (standard), ESD/static dissipative PVC or acrylic, safety glass, yellow or UV filtering acrylic, solid stainless steel (no window)
- Rear panel: clear acrylic, ESD/static dissipative PVC or acrylic, safety glass, yellow or UV filtering acrylic, solid stainless steel
- Door locks
- Security bar to lock doors in high security areas
- Low outgas gasketing
- Purge control options: manual single flow meter (standard), auto purge when door opens, electronic humidity controlling
- Interior shelves: fixed stainless steel, adjustable/removable stainless steel, flat/semi-flat light duty stainless steel, sliding drawers/trays
To learn more about our standard desiccator storage cabinets, view our CAP19S data sheet or contact Clean Air Products today.
Standard Compartment Sizing
- Clear height: 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48, 54, 60, 66, 72, 78, 84
- Clear width: 12, 18, 24, 30, 36
- Front to back depth: 12, 18, 24, 30, 36, 42, 48
Custom sizes and configurations available upon request. Contact us to discuss your custom requirements.
Contact Us for Standard Desiccator Cabinets & More
We design and manufacture a full line of standard desiccator cabinets, as well as custom desiccator cabinets, softwall and hardwall cleanrooms, and more. Request a quote or contact us for the standard desiccator storage cabinet you need.