Clean Air Products’ laminar flow benches and laminar flow hoods provide high purity micro-environments inside or outside a cleanroom. We offer a range of both horizontal and vertical laminar flow benches, in standard and custom styles, to meet your cleanroom needs.
For more information on Clean Air Products' clean benches, download the white paper "How to specify a clean bench."
Vertical vs Horizontal Laminar Flow HoodsVertical vs Horizontal Laminar Flow Hoods The difference between horizontal and vertical flow hoods can be seen in the design of each system. Horizontal units are appropriate when the work environment requires a surface that must be in first contact with the clean air stream that is provided. Conversely, vertical flow benches are appropriate with exhaust systems and should be used whenever irritants or noxious chemicals will be used in a work area. Whether it is a horizontal or vertical flow bench, proper enclosure design helps prevent backwash and ensures that the laminar air flow continues to protect work on the surface of the clean bench.
Laminar Flow Bench HEPA FilterA common component in any clean bench is the HEPA filter. The HEPA filter (High Efficiency Particulate Air) removes particulates, generally called aerosols, such as micro-organisms, from the air. Additionally, the HEPA filter does not remove vapors or gases. Other HEPA filter features include:
- HEPA filters are manufactured from borosilicate glass microfibers
- Flat filter sheets are pleated to increase the overall surface area
- Pleats are separated by aluminum baffles which direct the airflow through the filter
Clean Room BenchesOur standard cleanroom benches are an easy and effective way to create a freestanding, ultra-clean mini environment. Class 100 (ISO Class 5) and Class 10 (ISO Class 4) standard cleanroom benches are available to meet your needs. HEPA filtration and powerful horizontal or vertical undirectional air flow “washes” away particulates and prevents contaminants from entering the clean work zone.
Features of Standard Cleanroom Benches
- 16 gauge or 18-gauge steel shell (varies by model)
- White powder coat or white vinyl coating (varies by model)
- HEPA filter with epoxy-painted steel protective grill
- Creates a Class 100 (ISO Class 5) or Class 10 (ISO Class 4) cleanroom mini environment
- Solid state variable speed motor controller
- Fiberglass prefilter(s)
Size Options for Standard Cleanroom BenchesWe provide our standard cleanroom benches in an array of sizes to fit your workspace. Simply specify the dimensions you need—outside width, outside height, work area width, and work area height. Configurable dimensions and available sizes vary by model.
- Outside width: from 38.5” to 122.5” (978 to 3,122 mm)
- Outside height: from 44.5625” to 80.5” (1,132 to 2,043 mm)
- Outside depth: from 34” to 58” (864 to 1,473 mm)
- Inside width: from 34” to 118” (864 to 2,997 mm)
- Inside depth: from 30” to 54” (762 to 1,372 mm)
- Work area width: from 34.25” to 118.375” (870 mm to 3,007 mm)
- Work area height: from 22.25” to 46.25” (565 to 1,175 mm)
Custom Clean Room BenchesClean Air Products’ custom clean room benches are designed for more specialized applications. These compact cleanroom solutions are designed to fit on shelves, to sit on counters or tabletops, or as freestanding units.
Numerous laminar flow hood options are available, including horizontal laminar flow clean benches, vertical laminar flow wash through base clean benches, vertical laminar flow exhausting clean benches, and recirculating clean benches, and more.
Horizontal Flow Laminar Clean Benches
These custom clean benches are designed to be set on a table top. Some of the unique features of our horizontal flow laminar clean benches, include:
- Exclusive housing
- Multiple clean hoods
- Internal motorized filter
- Power cord
- And more
Vertical Flow Laminar Clean Benches
Our vertical flow laminar clean benches are specifically designed to create a freestanding ultra-clean mini-environment. These clean benches are available in numerous sizes and styles, and are precisely engineered to provide outstanding solutions for many air filtration applications. Some of the features of our vertical flow laminar clean benches, include:
- Welded steel cabinet with powder coated finish
- White vinyl coated steel back panel
- Clear polycarbonate end shields
- PSC motors with ball bearings
- And more
Laminate Flow Hood ApplicationsFor facilities that process clean-critical products in quantities too low to justify the cost of a full cleanroom, a cleanroom bench is the perfect solution. Undirectional air flow benches provide advanced product protection by ensuring that the work in the bench is exposed only to HEPA-filtered air. Applications that commonly utilize laminar flow benches include:Research Labs
- Animal Labs
- Precision Mfg.
- Metal Mfg./ Lead Industry
- Medical Device
- Health Care
Contact Clean Air Products for Laminar Flow Benches
Clean Air Products is your trusted source for laminar flow hoods, cleanrooms, and other related equipment for clean-critical applications. Request a quote or contact us for a clean room bench that is manufactured to your exact specifications.